Ardenglen Housing Association
WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
(How we use your personal information)
This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Ardenglen Housing Association takes the issue of security and Data Protection
very seriously, including compliance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
Who are we?
Ardenglen Housing Association Ltd (with company number SP02339R) are registered as a data controller with the information commissioner and our registration number is Z5937922.
What information do we collect?
• Any information which you submit using the ‘Contact Us’ page
• Any information which you submit using the repairs, pay rent, advice, apply and complain options
Please note that our website uses Coolies. You can change your Cookies setting using the ‘Cookies Setting’ tool.
Who might my data be shared with, or seen by?
We may disclose your personal data to any of our employees, officers, contractors, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors and healthcare providers insofar as reasonably necessary, and in accordance with data protection legislation.
We may also disclose your personal data:
• with your consent;
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
• to complete a regulatory return in relation the Management e
• to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, users of our websites and other persons;
• in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
• If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to solicitors, independent investigators such as auditors, the Scottish Housing Regulator and other regulatory body involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
• to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling;
• to another organisation if we enter into a joint venture or merge with another organisations.
What are the legal bases for us processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases:
• our legitimate interests
• vital interests
• public interest / official authority
• legal obligation
Processing special category personal data
Special categories of personal data means information about your racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; health; sex life or sexual orientation; criminal convictions, offences or alleged offences; genetic data; or biometric data for the purposes of uniquely identifying you.
The "special categories" of sensitive personal information referred to above require higher levels of protection. We need to meet additional legal requirements for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
Where do we keep your data?
Your information will only be stored within the United Kingdom and the EEA (European Economic Area).
How do we keep your data safe?
When you give us information, we take steps to make sure that your personal
information is kept secure and safe. All data is held in accordance with Ardenglen Housing Association’s data protection policies and procedures.
How long do we keep your data?
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law, or best practice, and in accordance with our Date Retention Policy and Schedule.
You have the right at any time to:
• ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records;
• require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
• in certain situations, make a request to us to delete your personal data;
• request we restrict processing your personal data;
• object to receiving any marketing communications from us
Queries and Complaints
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be directed, in the first instance, to 00141 634 email@example.com or by telephoning 01236 457948
Our Data Protection Officer is provided by RGDP LLP and can be contacted either via 07935 008 316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113