What happens if I have difficulties paying my rent? 

The worst thing you can do is to ignore debt. We are here to help you sustain your tenancy and we hope you will be a long term tenant with Ardenglen.

If you have a change in financial circumstances contact us immediately.  If we do not hear from you and you fall behind with rent payments, our procedure is to contact you every 3-5 working days until we establish a suitable payment arrangement. We will always listen to your circumstances and provide advice and assistance as required to help you pay.

Further confidential help and advice is available from the following agencies: 


Who can help?

Universal Credit – struggling to budget your money

Speak to your Housing Officer to see if you can apply for a managed payment to landlord.

Apply for universal credit here : www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit  

Welfare Rights Service; Benefit applications, appeals and advice.  Ardenglen Welfare Rights Officer is available on Mondays and Thursdays. Call 0141 634 8016 to book an appointment or email info@ardenglen.org.uk 
Welfare Rights & Advice for a wide range of issues – including debt, budgeting, benefit advice 

Citizens Advice Bureau

27 Dougrie Drive, 0141 634 0338 or general free helpline 0800 028 1456

The website also has a variety of online tools and information - www.cas.org.uk 

Housing and Employment Rights. Legal advice relating to rent/mortgage arrears and debt & residency issues.  

Castlemilk Law Centre , 155 Castlemilk Drive


0141 634 0313

Savings and loan advice

Castlemilk Credit Union, 155 Castlemilk Drive


0141 631 5145  

0141 634 0313